Saturday, September 24, 2005

A Morning Of Fall

Last night I learnt that when at the chinese restaurant near my worplace say "fried rice with garlic etc" the really mean a trainload of garlic. That's why I was up at 4:30 this morning drinking a cup of hot tea: to resettle my stomach that felt like a garlic-flavoured brick was in it..

However, that wasn't the only thing that disturbed my sleep. Another thing was a long lost love, in a way so bitter and painful that it left scars in my very soul.

Living on my own in London I learnt do deal with my loneliness. Yes, I'm not a bubbly, always happy guy. I'm not filled with angst either, but I am more on the depressed side of life. It sucks, I tell you. I'm dealing with it, and for most of time I don't really have problems. But when you sum the ripping claws of nostalgia, a rice with too much garlic, a few drinks and my few friends being nowhere to be found... that's the recipe for a miserable morning.

But I'll get over it, and be OK again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home